World Health Summit 2020
Federal President Frank-Walter Steinmeier, EU Commission President Ursula von der Leyen, virologist Christian Drosten and UN Secretary-General António Guterres on COVID-19 and global health
Due to the worsening situation in the COVID-19 pandemic, the World Health Summit (October 25-27) will be held exclusively in digital form this year.
There will be no on-site events and therefore personal attendance on-site will not be possible.
Participation in the World Health Summit 2020 is only online. Accreditation is not required.
The opening ceremony on Sunday, 25 October at 6:00 pm with Federal President Frank-Walter Steinmeier, EU Commission President Ursula von der Leyen, UN Secretary-General Anónio Guterres, WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus and other speakers will be available as a live stream: worldhealthsummit.org
Video and audio can be used on request.
The entire World Health Summit Program will be broadcast live digitally: The individual Zoom links to all 50 sessions are available free of charge and without registration at https://www.worldhealthsummit.org or directly in the program: https://www.conference.worldhealthsummit.org/Program/WHS2020.
There you will also find all information on speakers and topics.
During all sessions, questions can be asked via the Zoom Q&A function, video and audio can be used on request. (Copyright: World Health Summit)
Among the 300 speakers of the World Health Summit (CET):
• Frank-Walter Steinmeier, Federal President, Germany (Oct. 25, 6:00pm)
• Ursula von der Leyen, President of the European Commission (Oct. 25, 6:00pm)
• Gerd Müller, Federal Minister for Economic Cooperation and Development, Germany (Oct. 27, 9:00am & 11:00am)
• Jens Spahn, Minister of Health, Germany (Oct. 26, 9:00am & 11:00am)
• Marta Temido, Minister of Health, Portugal (Oct. 26, 11:00am)
• Tomaž Gantar, Minister of Health, Slovenia (Oct. 26, 11:00am)
• António Guterres, Secretary General, United Nations (Oct. 25, 6:00pm)
• Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General, World Health Organization WHO (Oct. 25, 6:00pm, Oct. 26, 9:00am, Oct. 27, 4:00pm)
• Michelle Bachelet, High Commissioner for Human Rights, United Nations (Oct. 27, 2:00pm)
• Christian Drosten, Head, Institute of Virology, Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Germany (Oct. 26, 11:00am & 2:00pm, Oct. 27, 9:00am & 2:00pm)
• Lothar H. Wieler, President, Robert Koch Institute, Germany (Oct. 25, 2:00pm & 4:00pm, Oct. 26, 9:00am & 11:00am)
• Winnie Byanyima, Director, UNAIDS (Oct. 25, 4:00 & 6:00pm)
• Andrea Ammon, Director, European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (Oct. 25, 2:00pm & 4:00pm, Oct. 27, 11:00am)
• Nanette Cocero, President for Global Vaccine Development, Pfizer, USA (Oct. 25, 6:00pm)
• Victor Dzau, President, National Academy of Medicine, USA (Oct. 25, 4:00pm)
• Jeremy Farrar, Director, Wellcome Trust (Oct. 27, 4:00pm)
• George F. Gao, Director, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (Oct. 25, 2:00pm, Oct.27, 2:00pm)
• Paul Hudson, CEO, Sanofi (Oct. 25, 6:00pm)
• John Nkengasong, Director, Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (Oct. 27, 11:00am)
• Michael Ryan, Director of Emergency Relief, World Health Organization WHO (Oct. 27, 11:00am)
Regarding the decision to convert the World Health Summit 2020, which was planned as a hybrid meeting under COVID-19 conditions, into a purely digital event, Prof. Dr. Detlev Ganten, founder and president of the World Health Summit, says: “For the World Health Summit, global health and the personal health of the participants are the top priority. The COVID-19 pandemic shows how essential international cooperation is. The World Health Summit as a leading meeting on global health is more important than ever. The digital format enables worldwide participation, active involvement and even wider outreach”.
Central topics of the World Health Summit 2020 are: latest findings on COVID-19, new global strategies for pandemic prevention and control, the role of Europe and the WHO in global health.
The World Health Summit is one of the world’s most important strategic conferences on global health and brings together leading international scientists, politicians, and representatives from industry and civil society. The Forum was founded in 2009 to mark the 300th anniversary of the Charité and is under the patronage of German Chancellor Angela Merkel, French President Emmanuel Macron, European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen and Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General of the World Health Organization WHO.
Press information: https://www.worldhealthsummit.org/media/presskit
World Health Summit
Alle Nachrichten aus der Kategorie: Event News
Smart sensors for future fast charging batteries
European project “Spartacus” launched Faster charging, longer stability of performance not only for electric vehicles but also for smartphones and other battery powered products. What still sounds like science fiction…
Small molecules control bacterial resistance to antibiotics
Antibiotics have revolutionized medicine by providing effective treatments for infectious diseases such as cholera. But the pathogens that cause disease are increasingly developing resistance to the antibiotics that are most…