Today marks the beginning of the 8 month cycle for "FIWARE ACCELERATOR PROGRAMME" – 265 applicants from 30 countries for the project areas: Smart City Services, Pervasive Gaming, E-Learning and Social Connected TV – Next round for applying opens in May 2015 at http://www.europeanpioneers.eu
The founders of twelve start-ups from 10 European countries have gathered this morning in Berlin: Today marks the beginning of the 8 month period held by the EU accelerator EuropeanPioneers. During the upcoming three “Welcome Days” the entrepreneurs and their teams will be given an introduction to Lean Start-up and design thinking methods.
In addition, they will be introduced to their mentors whom will support them over this cycle. This mentorship includes concept and business model development, milestone planning, user testing, team building, marketing and finance.
Each company receives financial support of €50,000 EUR - €250,000 EUR depending on each project’s needs. A total of €2.2 million will be allocated to start-ups in the first round. Since the fund is from public money provided by the European Union, each start-up gets to keep its full shares rather than give up some for equity.
The application round closed with a total of 265 applications from countries out of which only 23 were selected to pitch in front of a jury for the top 12 spots. Interested start-ups can apply in the second round which begins on 1st May 2015. The application can be found on http://www.europeanpioneers.eu .
In order to be eligible for the program applicants participating must be active in one of the following business areas: Smart City Services, Social Connected TV, Pervasive Gaming or E-learning. In addition, their projects have to use the technologies of the comprehensive software platform “FIWARE” which was developed as part of the European Union’s "Future Internet Public Private Partnership".
EuropeanPioneers is a consortium of innovation experts from all over Europe, led by startup-builder etventure (Germany) in collaboration with the following partners: the Fraunhofer Institute for Intelligent Analysis and Information Systems IAIS (Germany), Weblify (Poland), Thoughtbox (Ireland) and F-Secure (Finland). EuropeanPioneers is one of 16 accelerators within the Future Internet Programme of the European Union "FIWARE ACCELERATOR PROGRAME” which will distribute a total of 80 million Euros to innovative companies.
Supported Start-ups by EuropeanPioneers:
- eloptico (Denmark) develops glass technology software to enhance learning and innovation in dental schools and improve work flow optimization in dental clinics. http://www.eloptico.com
- KonnectID (Netherlands) offers peer-to-peer learning experiences by enabling you to find skilled people nearby. http://www.konnektid.com
- Livecoding (Germany) develops a peer-to-peer live streaming platform that allows the user to learn how to create production-level code writes (no URL).
- Zylia (Poland) has developed a system for 3D Audio Sense virtual sound-stage reconstruction through the use of Wireless Sensor Networks. http://www.zylia.pl
- Musselabs (Belgium) build products designed to make your digital world tangible. With its first product children can interact in a natural way with technology and play. http://www.muuselabs.com
- GameGenetics (Germany) is a leading international specialist in customer acquisition for free2play Mobile & Online Games. http://www.gamegenetics.com
- TobyRich (Germany) develops innovative and exceptional smartphone-controlled gadgets. http://www.tobyrich.com
Smart City Services:
- Avuxi (Spain) develops a GeoPopularity algorithm that computes in real time at the moment the most popular areas of the world and represents them visually. http://www.avuxi.com
- Smartdrive (Hungary) builds a service platform for the fleet management of cars. The aim is to increase efficiency, reduce maintenance costs and to reward safe and efficient driving. http://www.smartdrive.io
- 3Desk (Peoplegraph) (UK) pulls disparate information of our personal network into a single profile – unlocking the dispersed value across sites and provide comprehensive profiles with multiple points of connection and contact. http://www.peoplegraph.io
Social Connected TV:
- Appscend (Romania) provides a cloud-based mobile application platform that enables broadcasters and advertisers, to view additional information on the second screen of TV parallel to the program being broadcast. http://www.appscend.com
- We love Cinema (Ireland) allows cinemas to sell more advance and distressed tickets by unlocking powerful data about who cinema customers are, what they like and how they rate their cinema experience. http://www.usheru.com
Head of PR
+49 179 4651435
Head of PR
+49 2241 14-2252
http://www.europeanpioneers.eu Website EuropeanPioneers
Katrin Berkler | Fraunhofer-Institut für Intelligente Analyse- und Informationssysteme IAIS
The quest for the oldest ice on Earth
14.11.2016 | Alfred-Wegener-Institut, Helmholtz-Zentrum für Polar- und Meeresforschung
Empa Innovation Award for new flame retardant
09.11.2016 | Empa - Eidgenössische Materialprüfungs- und Forschungsanstalt
Physicists of the University of Würzburg have made an astonishing discovery in a specific type of topological insulators. The effect is due to the structure of the materials used. The researchers have now published their work in the journal Science.
Topological insulators are currently the hot topic in physics according to the newspaper Neue Zürcher Zeitung. Only a few weeks ago, their importance was...
In recent years, lasers with ultrashort pulses (USP) down to the femtosecond range have become established on an industrial scale. They could advance some applications with the much-lauded “cold ablation” – if that meant they would then achieve more throughput. A new generation of process engineering that will address this issue in particular will be discussed at the “4th UKP Workshop – Ultrafast Laser Technology” in April 2017.
Even back in the 1990s, scientists were comparing materials processing with nanosecond, picosecond and femtosesecond pulses. The result was surprising:...
Have you ever wondered how you see the world? Vision is about photons of light, which are packets of energy, interacting with the atoms or molecules in what...
A multi-institutional research collaboration has created a novel approach for fabricating three-dimensional micro-optics through the shape-defined formation of porous silicon (PSi), with broad impacts in integrated optoelectronics, imaging, and photovoltaics.
Working with colleagues at Stanford and The Dow Chemical Company, researchers at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign fabricated 3-D birefringent...
In experiments with magnetic atoms conducted at extremely low temperatures, scientists have demonstrated a unique phase of matter: The atoms form a new type of quantum liquid or quantum droplet state. These so called quantum droplets may preserve their form in absence of external confinement because of quantum effects. The joint team of experimental physicists from Innsbruck and theoretical physicists from Hannover report on their findings in the journal Physical Review X.
“Our Quantum droplets are in the gas phase but they still drop like a rock,” explains experimental physicist Francesca Ferlaino when talking about the...
16.11.2016 | Event News
01.11.2016 | Event News
14.10.2016 | Event News
09.12.2016 | Life Sciences
09.12.2016 | Ecology, The Environment and Conservation
09.12.2016 | Health and Medicine