Today marks the beginning of the 8 month cycle for "FIWARE ACCELERATOR PROGRAMME" – 265 applicants from 30 countries for the project areas: Smart City Services, Pervasive Gaming, E-Learning and Social Connected TV – Next round for applying opens in May 2015 at http://www.europeanpioneers.eu
The founders of twelve start-ups from 10 European countries have gathered this morning in Berlin: Today marks the beginning of the 8 month period held by the EU accelerator EuropeanPioneers. During the upcoming three “Welcome Days” the entrepreneurs and their teams will be given an introduction to Lean Start-up and design thinking methods.
In addition, they will be introduced to their mentors whom will support them over this cycle. This mentorship includes concept and business model development, milestone planning, user testing, team building, marketing and finance.
Each company receives financial support of €50,000 EUR - €250,000 EUR depending on each project’s needs. A total of €2.2 million will be allocated to start-ups in the first round. Since the fund is from public money provided by the European Union, each start-up gets to keep its full shares rather than give up some for equity.
The application round closed with a total of 265 applications from countries out of which only 23 were selected to pitch in front of a jury for the top 12 spots. Interested start-ups can apply in the second round which begins on 1st May 2015. The application can be found on http://www.europeanpioneers.eu .
In order to be eligible for the program applicants participating must be active in one of the following business areas: Smart City Services, Social Connected TV, Pervasive Gaming or E-learning. In addition, their projects have to use the technologies of the comprehensive software platform “FIWARE” which was developed as part of the European Union’s "Future Internet Public Private Partnership".
EuropeanPioneers is a consortium of innovation experts from all over Europe, led by startup-builder etventure (Germany) in collaboration with the following partners: the Fraunhofer Institute for Intelligent Analysis and Information Systems IAIS (Germany), Weblify (Poland), Thoughtbox (Ireland) and F-Secure (Finland). EuropeanPioneers is one of 16 accelerators within the Future Internet Programme of the European Union "FIWARE ACCELERATOR PROGRAME” which will distribute a total of 80 million Euros to innovative companies.
Supported Start-ups by EuropeanPioneers:
- eloptico (Denmark) develops glass technology software to enhance learning and innovation in dental schools and improve work flow optimization in dental clinics. http://www.eloptico.com
- KonnectID (Netherlands) offers peer-to-peer learning experiences by enabling you to find skilled people nearby. http://www.konnektid.com
- Livecoding (Germany) develops a peer-to-peer live streaming platform that allows the user to learn how to create production-level code writes (no URL).
- Zylia (Poland) has developed a system for 3D Audio Sense virtual sound-stage reconstruction through the use of Wireless Sensor Networks. http://www.zylia.pl
- Musselabs (Belgium) build products designed to make your digital world tangible. With its first product children can interact in a natural way with technology and play. http://www.muuselabs.com
- GameGenetics (Germany) is a leading international specialist in customer acquisition for free2play Mobile & Online Games. http://www.gamegenetics.com
- TobyRich (Germany) develops innovative and exceptional smartphone-controlled gadgets. http://www.tobyrich.com
Smart City Services:
- Avuxi (Spain) develops a GeoPopularity algorithm that computes in real time at the moment the most popular areas of the world and represents them visually. http://www.avuxi.com
- Smartdrive (Hungary) builds a service platform for the fleet management of cars. The aim is to increase efficiency, reduce maintenance costs and to reward safe and efficient driving. http://www.smartdrive.io
- 3Desk (Peoplegraph) (UK) pulls disparate information of our personal network into a single profile – unlocking the dispersed value across sites and provide comprehensive profiles with multiple points of connection and contact. http://www.peoplegraph.io
Social Connected TV:
- Appscend (Romania) provides a cloud-based mobile application platform that enables broadcasters and advertisers, to view additional information on the second screen of TV parallel to the program being broadcast. http://www.appscend.com
- We love Cinema (Ireland) allows cinemas to sell more advance and distressed tickets by unlocking powerful data about who cinema customers are, what they like and how they rate their cinema experience. http://www.usheru.com
Head of PR
+49 179 4651435
Head of PR
+49 2241 14-2252
http://www.europeanpioneers.eu Website EuropeanPioneers
Katrin Berkler | Fraunhofer-Institut für Intelligente Analyse- und Informationssysteme IAIS
Yuan Chang and Patrick Moore win prize for the discovery of two cancer viruses
14.03.2017 | Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main
BMBF funding for diabetes research on pancreas chip
08.02.2017 | Helmholtz Zentrum München - Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt
Astronomers from Bonn and Tautenburg in Thuringia (Germany) used the 100-m radio telescope at Effelsberg to observe several galaxy clusters. At the edges of these large accumulations of dark matter, stellar systems (galaxies), hot gas, and charged particles, they found magnetic fields that are exceptionally ordered over distances of many million light years. This makes them the most extended magnetic fields in the universe known so far.
The results will be published on March 22 in the journal „Astronomy & Astrophysics“.
Galaxy clusters are the largest gravitationally bound structures in the universe. With a typical extent of about 10 million light years, i.e. 100 times the...
Researchers at the Goethe University Frankfurt, together with partners from the University of Tübingen in Germany and Queen Mary University as well as Francis Crick Institute from London (UK) have developed a novel technology to decipher the secret ubiquitin code.
Ubiquitin is a small protein that can be linked to other cellular proteins, thereby controlling and modulating their functions. The attachment occurs in many...
In the eternal search for next generation high-efficiency solar cells and LEDs, scientists at Los Alamos National Laboratory and their partners are creating...
Silicon nanosheets are thin, two-dimensional layers with exceptional optoelectronic properties very similar to those of graphene. Albeit, the nanosheets are less stable. Now researchers at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) have, for the first time ever, produced a composite material combining silicon nanosheets and a polymer that is both UV-resistant and easy to process. This brings the scientists a significant step closer to industrial applications like flexible displays and photosensors.
Silicon nanosheets are thin, two-dimensional layers with exceptional optoelectronic properties very similar to those of graphene. Albeit, the nanosheets are...
Enzymes behave differently in a test tube compared with the molecular scrum of a living cell. Chemists from the University of Basel have now been able to simulate these confined natural conditions in artificial vesicles for the first time. As reported in the academic journal Small, the results are offering better insight into the development of nanoreactors and artificial organelles.
Enzymes behave differently in a test tube compared with the molecular scrum of a living cell. Chemists from the University of Basel have now been able to...
20.03.2017 | Event News
14.03.2017 | Event News
07.03.2017 | Event News
23.03.2017 | Life Sciences
23.03.2017 | Power and Electrical Engineering
23.03.2017 | Earth Sciences