One of the world’s most prominent strategic forums for global health held in Berlin in October 2018
The 10th World Health Summit – one of the world’s most prominent strategic forums for global health – is being held in Berlin from October 14-16, 2018. Speakers this year will include German Chancellor Angela Merkel, ministers from a number of countries, WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus and Microsoft founder and philanthropist Bill Gates. One program highlight will be a joint keynote session of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation’s Grand Challenges Meeting and the World Health Summit on October 16.
Top speakers at the event include:
– Angela Merkel (German Chancellor)
– Jane Ruth Aceng (Ugandan Minister of Health)
– Diane Gashumba (Rwandan Minister of Health)
– Seyyed Hassan Ghazizadeh Hashemi (Iranian Minister of Health)
– Jens Spahn (German Federal Minister of Health)
– Gerd Müller (German Federal Minister for Economic Cooperation and Development)
– Bill Gates, Co-Chair, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USA
– Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO Director-General, Switzerland
– Elizabeth Blackburn (Nobel laureate / President Emerita, Salk Institute for Biological Studies, USA)
– Peter Agre (Nobel laureate / Director, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, USA)
– Jeremy Farrar (Executive Director, Wellcome Trust)
– Peter Piot (Director, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, UK)
– Seth Berkley (CEO, Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance, Switzerland)
– Peter Sands (Executive Director, Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, Switzerland)
– Stefan Oelrich (Senior Vice President, Sanofi, Germany)
– Stefan Oschmann (CEO, Merck, Germany)
The central topics at this year’s World Health Summit are pandemic preparedness, the crisis of antimicrobial resistance and access to essential medicines and treatments, as well as the impact of the digital healthcare revolution or the capacity of health systems to deliver interventions and technologies for curing disease and prolonging life.
Health is a political choice, and it needs to be taken into account by decision-makers from every policy sector. The World Health Summit therefore provides a forum for stakeholders from all over the world who would otherwise be unable to come together to discuss these issues in depth and at length.
The World Health Summit is being held under the high patronage of German Chancellor Angela Merkel, French President Emmanuel Macron, and President of the European Commission Jean-Claude Juncker. It will be attended by 2,000 participants and 200 speakers from 100 countries.
Further Information: http://www.worldhealthsummit.org
The World Health Summit is open to media representatives:http://www.worldhealthsummit.org/media/accreditation.html
Interview requests will be readily conveyed.
Antje Schuett, Tel.: +49 30 450 572 114, email@example.com
Alle Nachrichten aus der Kategorie: Event News
Electronic skin has a strong future stretching ahead
A material that mimics human skin in strength, stretchability and sensitivity could be used to collect biological data in real time. Electronic skin, or e-skin, may play an important role…
Fast-moving gas flowing away from young star caused by icy comet vaporisation
A unique stage of planetary system evolution has been imaged by astronomers, showing fast-moving carbon monoxide gas flowing away from a star system over 400 light years away, a discovery…