TB has always taken its toll on poor nations, but the way the epidemic is evolving — the growing link between TB and HIV that threatens to overwhelm sub-Saharan Africa, and the drug-resistant strains that are making treatment harder — means that understanding the changing face of the disease is more important than ever.
The collection includes:
- An introduction to TB and SciDev.Net's online resource: www.scidev.net/tb/intro
- Facts & figures on the prevalence of TB in the developing world: www.scidev.net/tb/facts
- Opinions – key stakeholder views on collaboration, treatment and diagnostics: www.scidev.net/tb/opinion
- A feature examining the threat of bovine TB to human health: www.scidev.net/tb/feature
- Articles – all SciDev.Net's latest TB coverage: www.scidev.net/tb/articles
- Policy – summaries of relevant policy briefs: www.scidev.net/tb/policy
- Key documents – short summaries of significant publications: www.scidev.net/tb/key_docs
- Links to key organisations relevant to TB treatment and control: www.scidev.net/tb/links
- Definitions – a directory of terms used in TB research, treatment and control: www.scidev.net/tb/definitions
All SciDev.Net's material is free to reproduce provided the organisation and author are credited.
Free Email Alerts
For regular news updates with the latest news, commentaries and notices about science, technology and development sign up to SciDev.Net email alerts: www.scidev.net/sign-up
Fast-tracking T cell therapies with immune-mimicking biomaterials
16.01.2018 | Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard
Dengue takes low and slow approach to replication
12.01.2018 | Duke University
What enables electrons to be transferred swiftly, for example during photosynthesis? An interdisciplinary team of researchers has worked out the details of how...
For the first time, scientists have precisely measured the effective electrical charge of a single molecule in solution. This fundamental insight of an SNSF Professor could also pave the way for future medical diagnostics.
Electrical charge is one of the key properties that allows molecules to interact. Life itself depends on this phenomenon: many biological processes involve...
At the JEC World Composite Show in Paris in March 2018, the Fraunhofer Institute for Laser Technology ILT will be focusing on the latest trends and innovations in laser machining of composites. Among other things, researchers at the booth shared with the Aachen Center for Integrative Lightweight Production (AZL) will demonstrate how lasers can be used for joining, structuring, cutting and drilling composite materials.
No other industry has attracted as much public attention to composite materials as the automotive industry, which along with the aerospace industry is a driver...
Scientists at Tokyo Institute of Technology (Tokyo Tech) and Tohoku University have developed high-quality GFO epitaxial films and systematically investigated their ferroelectric and ferromagnetic properties. They also demonstrated the room-temperature magnetocapacitance effects of these GFO thin films.
Multiferroic materials show magnetically driven ferroelectricity. They are attracting increasing attention because of their fascinating properties such as...
The oceans are the largest global heat reservoir. As a result of man-made global warming, the temperature in the global climate system increases; around 90% of...
08.01.2018 | Event News
11.12.2017 | Event News
08.12.2017 | Event News
16.01.2018 | Materials Sciences
16.01.2018 | Materials Sciences
16.01.2018 | Power and Electrical Engineering