Conference about the Green Belt, Juni 3rd and 4th, Eisenach, Thuringia, Germany
“Perspectives for biological and cultural diversity along the European Green Belt” is the title of the 3rd scientific conference of GreenNet on the 3rd and 4th of June in Eisenach. The 3rd scientific GreenNet-conference deals with successful initiatives and projects around the green belt, a corridor which emerged from the division of Europe after the Cold War.
In the INTERREG project "GREENNET - Promoting the ecological network in the European Green Belt" the University of Applied Sciences Erfurt works together with eleven project partners from Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Italy, Slovenia and Slovakia.
The university is involved with the department of "Landscape planning" (Prof. Dr. Ilke Marshal) and the Institute of "Transport and Spatial Planning" (Prof. Dr. Matthias Gather).
On the 1st conference day the results of the project will be presented with regard to protection strategies, lobbying activities and success stories. Furthermore the Thuringian Minister for European affairs Jürgen Gnauck could be engaged for a welcoming speech.
Further keynote speaker are Pia Bucella from the European Commission and Prof. Marangon from the University in Udine. For the following panel discussion well known representatives as Prof. Thöne and Prof. Weiger could be gained.
On the second day after a keynote from the German Association for Landcare (DVL) good examples of landscape action and successful measures along the European Green Belt will be discussed.
Therefore the following topics will be presented:
• the Thuringian Nature Conservation Foundation in terms of the supervision of 3,800 ha of the Green Belt in Germany
• the economic importance of the Green Belt in the Italian Julian Prealps
• the activities of Southern Burgenland in Austria
• saving species-rich meadows at the river Kutschenitza which marks the state border between Austria and Slovenia
• possible new forms of land use along the Green Belt in Slovenia
• Biodiversity in the Bulgarian Osogovo region
• transboundary cooperation in the Balkans
• the international UNESCO Biosphere Reserve Mura-Drava-Danube
• Czech school expeditions to the Green Belt as a reminder of history and a chance for the future
• environmental education at the German Green Belt
• and finally: documentation, information and education about the European Green Belt
Further presentations as Dr. Bongartz from the Thuringian Ministry of Construction, Land Development and Transport (TMBLV) and Stefan Kemper of the German rural space network (DVS) and a final discussion will complete the second day.
The working language of the conference will be English.
Interested parties are invited to sign up till May 30th. The registration form can be found on http://www.greennet-project.eu as well as on the flyer of the conference program.
On the 3rd of June, 5:15 pm, there will be a press conference at the Steigenberger Hotel Thüringer Hof, Karlsplatz 11 in Eisenach.
Prof. Dr. Ilke Marschall: email@example.com
Prof. Dr. Matthias Gather: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send organizational inquiries to: email@example.com (Sara Erat, Jessica Aysche)
Roland Hahn | Fachhochschule Erfurt
Ultrafast Wireless and Chip Design at the DATE Conference in Dresden
16.03.2018 | Technische Universität Dresden
International Tinnitus Conference of the Tinnitus Research Initiative in Regensburg
13.03.2018 | Universitätsklinikum Regensburg (UKR)
16.03.2018 | Event News
13.03.2018 | Event News
08.03.2018 | Event News
19.03.2018 | Trade Fair News
19.03.2018 | Life Sciences
19.03.2018 | Life Sciences