One of the expected outcomes is a system to improve human security in the Asian region with the implementation of a disaster management system
More concretely, the following three projects are carried out in order to understand and monitor the status quo of Asia:
1) 'Digital Asia Platform Project' to construct spatiotemporal information infrastructure for Asia;
2) 'Digital Communityware Project' to promote mutual understandings among local communities through development and operation of the media browser featuring ontology for space and concepts; and,
3) 'Digital Asia Regional Strategy Project' to envisage hopeful future for Asia by utilization and integration of the preceding two projects.
Expected outcome :
* Construction of a system to actualize improvement of human security in the Asian region. Implementation of disaster management system to be constructed along with it.
* Contributions to CEOS (Community On Earth Observation Satellites) and GEOSS (Global Earth Observation System of Systems).
* Industrial and general utilizations of the media browser that is able to carry out mapping of diversified current affairs by executing processing based on spatial and conceptual ontology.Total number of researchers : 32
Invasive Insects Cost the World Billions Per Year
04.10.2016 | University of Adelaide
Malaysia's unique freshwater mussels in danger
27.09.2016 | The University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus
Terahertz excitation of selected crystal vibrations leads to an effective magnetic field that drives coherent spin motion
Controlling functional properties by light is one of the grand goals in modern condensed matter physics and materials science. A new study now demonstrates how...
Researchers from the Institute for Quantum Computing (IQC) at the University of Waterloo led the development of a new extensible wiring technique capable of controlling superconducting quantum bits, representing a significant step towards to the realization of a scalable quantum computer.
"The quantum socket is a wiring method that uses three-dimensional wires based on spring-loaded pins to address individual qubits," said Jeremy Béjanin, a PhD...
In a paper in Scientific Reports, a research team at Worcester Polytechnic Institute describes a novel light-activated phenomenon that could become the basis for applications as diverse as microscopic robotic grippers and more efficient solar cells.
A research team at Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) has developed a revolutionary, light-activated semiconductor nanocomposite material that can be used...
By forcefully embedding two silicon atoms in a diamond matrix, Sandia researchers have demonstrated for the first time on a single chip all the components needed to create a quantum bridge to link quantum computers together.
"People have already built small quantum computers," says Sandia researcher Ryan Camacho. "Maybe the first useful one won't be a single giant quantum computer...
COMPAMED has become the leading international marketplace for suppliers of medical manufacturing. The trade fair, which takes place every November and is co-located to MEDICA in Dusseldorf, has been steadily growing over the past years and shows that medical technology remains a rapidly growing market.
In 2016, the joint pavilion by the IVAM Microtechnology Network, the Product Market “High-tech for Medical Devices”, will be located in Hall 8a again and will...
14.10.2016 | Event News
14.10.2016 | Event News
12.10.2016 | Event News
24.10.2016 | Earth Sciences
24.10.2016 | Life Sciences
24.10.2016 | Physics and Astronomy