After its overwhelming 3- and 10-year transactions in January, KfW is the only issuer who has launched in all benchmark maturities so far, bringing its total funding under the USD programme to USD 11 billion year to date. For the remainder of the year, KfW envisages at least two more USD global issues under the programme.
For 2010 KfW had announced the need to raise a funding volume of EUR 70-75 billion. So far this year approximately EUR 20.8 billion (27.7%) have been raised in 14 different currencies. 62% of this amount were refinanced under the KfW Benchmark Programmes in EUR and USD, whereas the remaining 38% were funded through other public transactions (32%) and private placements (6%) respectively. "With its three USD global issues, KfW starts off on the right foot in the first two months. The strong international demand - 44% coming from Asia - for our USD globals and for our first-class rating is unbroken", Dr. Günther Bräunig, member of the Managing Board of KfW Bankengruppe commented. "This transaction leaves the market in great shape for further KfW dollar issuance later this year", added Bräunig.
The USD 3 billion issue matures on March 3rd 2015 with a coupon of 2.625% paid semi-annually. The reoffer price was set at 99.526%, corresponding to a yield pick-up of 40 basis points over the current US Treasury, maturing in January 2015. In line with all KfW bonds, this issue has an AAA/Aaa/AAA rating from Fitch Ratings, Moody's and Standard & Poor's. Lead manager of the transaction are Citi, Deutsche Bank and Royal Bank of Canada CM; Co-Lead Managers are Bank of America / Merrill Lynch, Barclays, BNP Paribas, DZ Bank, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, Mitsubishi UFG, Morgan Stanley, Nomura and Royal Bank of Scotland.
Books were opened on Tuesday New York morning and built quickly, reaching USD 1.5 billion in two hours. From the start there was continuous broad based demand from high quality investors out of the US-time zone. The final order book was well oversubscribed with 94 orders totalling over USD 4.4 billion and of extremely high quality.
The breakdown of the order book by sectors is as follows:
Breakdown by investor type:
How Strong Brands Translate into Money
15.11.2016 | Kühne Logistics University - Wissenschaftliche Hochschule für Logistik und Unternehmensführung
Demographic change depresses tax revenues
04.11.2016 | Fraunhofer-Institut für Angewandte Informationstechnik FIT
In recent years, lasers with ultrashort pulses (USP) down to the femtosecond range have become established on an industrial scale. They could advance some applications with the much-lauded “cold ablation” – if that meant they would then achieve more throughput. A new generation of process engineering that will address this issue in particular will be discussed at the “4th UKP Workshop – Ultrafast Laser Technology” in April 2017.
Even back in the 1990s, scientists were comparing materials processing with nanosecond, picosecond and femtosesecond pulses. The result was surprising:...
Have you ever wondered how you see the world? Vision is about photons of light, which are packets of energy, interacting with the atoms or molecules in what...
A multi-institutional research collaboration has created a novel approach for fabricating three-dimensional micro-optics through the shape-defined formation of porous silicon (PSi), with broad impacts in integrated optoelectronics, imaging, and photovoltaics.
Working with colleagues at Stanford and The Dow Chemical Company, researchers at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign fabricated 3-D birefringent...
In experiments with magnetic atoms conducted at extremely low temperatures, scientists have demonstrated a unique phase of matter: The atoms form a new type of quantum liquid or quantum droplet state. These so called quantum droplets may preserve their form in absence of external confinement because of quantum effects. The joint team of experimental physicists from Innsbruck and theoretical physicists from Hannover report on their findings in the journal Physical Review X.
“Our Quantum droplets are in the gas phase but they still drop like a rock,” explains experimental physicist Francesca Ferlaino when talking about the...
The Max Planck Institute for Physics (MPP) is opening up a new research field. A workshop from November 21 - 22, 2016 will mark the start of activities for an innovative axion experiment. Axions are still only purely hypothetical particles. Their detection could solve two fundamental problems in particle physics: What dark matter consists of and why it has not yet been possible to directly observe a CP violation for the strong interaction.
The “MADMAX” project is the MPP’s commitment to axion research. Axions are so far only a theoretical prediction and are difficult to detect: on the one hand,...
16.11.2016 | Event News
01.11.2016 | Event News
14.10.2016 | Event News
07.12.2016 | Health and Medicine
07.12.2016 | Life Sciences
07.12.2016 | Health and Medicine