“Believe it or not, advertising on the Super Bowl can be downright economical,” says Bridges, an expert on branding and advertising. She gives eight reasons the Super Bowl is a unique opportunity for advertisers:
1. Exposure to nearly 100 million viewers of the game itself and to an attractive demographic.
2. Extensive publicity before and after the event in a variety of media and media channels.
3. Engagement levels of the audience in the ads are incredibly high (no zipping or zapping; people want to watch the commercials).
4. Excitement of game day can lead to positive feelings being associated with/transferred to the ads/advertisers.
5. Employee morale can be boosted, especially at a time when workers are looking for a reason to feel proud.
6. Evangelical word-of-mouth after the game (around the office water cooler, on the subway, in the checkout line, etc.) about favorite ads.
7. Extended ad life and exposure via airings on Internet sites devoted to Super Bowls ads, including YouTube and advertiser Web pages.
8. Elite image associated with Super Bowl stimulates an "eagle effect" -- if a brand can fly high with the other eagles, it must be good.
“The bottom line…watching Super Bowl commercials is an event in itself,” Bridges says. But, she warns advertisers to steer clear of messages related to the bad economy. “Viewers want ads that make them smile, laugh or get choked up, not those that make them feel depressed,” she says.
Bridges has followed Super Bowl commercials for years and is available to analyze Super Bowl XLIV’s winners and losers.For interviews contact Kerry M. King, firstname.lastname@example.org or
Kerry M. King | Newswise Science News
Product placement: Only brands placed very prominently benefit from 3D technology
07.07.2016 | Alpen-Adria-Universität Klagenfurt
NASA Goddard network maintains communications from space to ground
02.03.2016 | NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center
Physicists of the University of Würzburg have made an astonishing discovery in a specific type of topological insulators. The effect is due to the structure of the materials used. The researchers have now published their work in the journal Science.
Topological insulators are currently the hot topic in physics according to the newspaper Neue Zürcher Zeitung. Only a few weeks ago, their importance was...
In recent years, lasers with ultrashort pulses (USP) down to the femtosecond range have become established on an industrial scale. They could advance some applications with the much-lauded “cold ablation” – if that meant they would then achieve more throughput. A new generation of process engineering that will address this issue in particular will be discussed at the “4th UKP Workshop – Ultrafast Laser Technology” in April 2017.
Even back in the 1990s, scientists were comparing materials processing with nanosecond, picosecond and femtosesecond pulses. The result was surprising:...
Have you ever wondered how you see the world? Vision is about photons of light, which are packets of energy, interacting with the atoms or molecules in what...
A multi-institutional research collaboration has created a novel approach for fabricating three-dimensional micro-optics through the shape-defined formation of porous silicon (PSi), with broad impacts in integrated optoelectronics, imaging, and photovoltaics.
Working with colleagues at Stanford and The Dow Chemical Company, researchers at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign fabricated 3-D birefringent...
In experiments with magnetic atoms conducted at extremely low temperatures, scientists have demonstrated a unique phase of matter: The atoms form a new type of quantum liquid or quantum droplet state. These so called quantum droplets may preserve their form in absence of external confinement because of quantum effects. The joint team of experimental physicists from Innsbruck and theoretical physicists from Hannover report on their findings in the journal Physical Review X.
“Our Quantum droplets are in the gas phase but they still drop like a rock,” explains experimental physicist Francesca Ferlaino when talking about the...
16.11.2016 | Event News
01.11.2016 | Event News
14.10.2016 | Event News
09.12.2016 | Life Sciences
09.12.2016 | Ecology, The Environment and Conservation
09.12.2016 | Health and Medicine